10 Essential Oil Uses For Skin and Beauty
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in various cultures for medicinal and health purposes. Essential oil uses range from natural healthcare, aromatherapy, household cleaning products and personal beauty care.
The particles in essential oils come from distilling or extracting the different parts of plants including the flowers, leaves, bark, roots, resin, and peels. In ancient times Jews and Egyptians made essential oils by soaking the plants in oil and then filtering the oil through a linen bag.
Benefits of essential oils come from their antioxidant, cleansing and supportive properties. These oils are rapidly growing in popularity because they act as natural self-care without side effects. Are you ready to harness the power of the worlds most proven therapeutic compounds? Let me show you how you can benefit with the top 10 essential oil uses for skin and beauty.
- Reduce Wrinkles – Mix 3-5 drops of Sandalwood, Geranium, Lavender, and Frankincense with an unscented lotion and apply to face. Avoid applying to eyes.
- Dry, Cracked Feet – Add 3 drops of Lavender oil to 2 tbsp coconut oil. Apply to feet at night and put on socks.
- Reduce Stretch Marks – mix 5 drops of Frankincense, Myrrh and Grapefruit with coconut oil and apply to stretch marks.
- Thicken Hair – Add Rosemary to shampoo to naturally thicken hair and increase volume.
- Reduce Age Spots – Put on Frankincense essential oil 3x daily directly on skin to improve sun spots and age spots.
- Thicken Eyelashes – Add 2-3 drops of Lavender or Rosemary to a new tube of mascara and apply to lashes daily.
- Strengthen Nails – Mix 10 drops of Frankincense, Myrrh, and Lemon into 2 tablespoons of vitamin E oil, rub on cuticles.
- Reduce Cellulite – Mix 5 drops of Grapefruit essential oil with 2 tsp coconut oil and massage into dimpled areas.
- Problem Skin Face Wash – To get rid of problem skin, make a homemade face wash by mixing tea tree oil (Melaleuca) with raw honey and rub on face. Then rinse off with water.
- Sugar Scrub – Mix a few drops of an essential oil with almond oil and rock salt or sugar to make your own salt or sugar scrub.
Contact me to purchase dōTERRA essential oils or if you have any questions. I’m here to help you!