Over the years, I’ve dabbled in using different essential oil brands, but I was never sold on one brand until I got my hands on dōTERRA’s essential oils. After I experienced their therapeutic effects – saw that they actually made a difference in my life – there was no going back.
The thing that got me in the beginning was dōTERRA’s Breathe blend. I have had a chemical sensitivity my whole life and was able to throw away my inhaler after using Breathe for just a few short weeks. Yippee! No more synthetic chemicals that were doing who knows what to my body!
Then I learned that dōTERRA wasn’t just another essential oil company. Here are some of the wonderful things that dōTERRA does:
- GROWERS – dōTERRA responsibly partners with artisans from over 40 countries who champion the best seeds, soil and growing environments. While others in the essential oil industry cut corners during the planting, growing and harvesting process, or even try to “extend” pure oils by adding less expensive ingredients, dōTERRA is uncompromisingly selective.
- DISTILLERS – dōTERRA partners with expert distillers who apply custom pressures and temperatures to extract each essential oil – ensuring the most potent and beneficial chemical profile to provide therapeutic benefits to its users.
- SCIENTISTS – (this is a big one for me) Unlike others in the essential oil industry, dōTERRA is built on firm science. dōTERRA’s team of expert scientists use a state-of-the-art lab with the most advanced testing methods, as well as trusted third-party labs, to verify purity and potency of its essential oils and to ensure that you and I receive the highest quality oil every time.
- PRACTITIONERS – dōTERRA’s team of medical advisors collaborates with prominent universities and medical communities to develop groundbreaking research on essential oils and their application.
- YOU & ME – You and I are ultimately the reason dōTERRA never cuts corners in sourcing the most pure, potent and effective essential oils on earth.
- Cō-Impact Sourcing – To ensure that small scale farmers and harvesters in disadvantaged areas are treated ethically, dōTERRA has introduced an initiative called Cō-Impact Sourcing. Cō-Impact Sourcing is an initiative that seeks to develop long-term, mutually beneficial supplier partnerships while creating sustainable jobs and providing reliable income in underdeveloped areas. dōTERRA is committed to the ethical treatment of its suppliers by providing on-time payments at fair prices.
- dōTERRA Healing Hands Foundation – doTERRA’s non-profit organization committed to improving lives through partnering with organizations that offer hope to millions around the world. Healing Hands seeks to help millions live lives free of disease and poverty and to ultimately empower impoverished communities with the tools needed to become self-reliant. 100% of all donations go directly to those receiving aid.
Most Tested, Most Trusted
Each batch of dōTERRA’s essential oils goes through a battery of rigorous and definitive tests. Here is a list of some of those tests:
- Organoleptic Assessments
- Specific Gravity
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy (GC/MS)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Chirality Testing
- Isotopic Analysis
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Optical Rotation
- Refractive Index
- Contamination Testing
- Stability Testing
Learn about these testing methods in greater detail here.